Wednesday, February 21, 2007

AquaDad Tunes In

Somewhere under the sea with his ear in a conch shell...

AquaDad loves music. Here's the stuff he's been listening to lately (and quoted to us):

  • Silversun Pickups - Carnavas -- I really like the song Lazy Eye. It reminds me of something Sonic Youth might have done. I like how it builds up. The whole CD is a great listen. (AquaDad is not that articulate when describing listening experiences...oh well)
  • Lily Allen - All Right, Still -- Nice Ska-type/pop happy music, however, when you hear the lyrics, ouch!, they're very sharp and often completely opposite what's going on in the music. Great voice. She was on Saturday Night Live last month.
  • The Good, The Bad, and The Queen - (same name) -- This has Damon Albarn from Blur, the Clash's bassist, Paul Simonon, a guitarist from the Verve, and produced by Danger Mouse (Gorillaz 2nd album). Great stuff. If you like Blur and the Gorillaz, you ought to like this (You ought to, but don't have to).
  • Kasabian - Empire -- Good songs.
  • Radiohead - OK Computer -- I finally got this. It's certainly not new, but I just love Radiohead. When I listen to it, I hear some of my other favorite bands: Coldplay, Travis, People in Planes. Great stuff.

AquaDad indicated that the station that plays these bands is Southern California's Indy 103.1 fm.

No comments: