Monday, April 16, 2007

AquaDad's Poetry Corner

Somewhere beneath the briny deep, AquaDad ponders...

Late Night, Time to Write
My bones dropped onto the couch like a tired puddle of flesh and my nearly 39 year old cells
Tried to replace each other so that I would be a new man next morn…
Oh. Only 3 hours from now I can chase my kids out of their dreams
Prop them up in the car with cornflakes
And tell them I love them as they go to school
But right now it’s time to write now
Weary as I am
My brain is mush
But is it ever really anything else but mush anymore?
2 in the AM and 2 in the PM, I’m tired of being so tired in either part of the day
What if a little sparkle of something different dropped into my day
And invaded my boredom?
What would I do then? I better not wait for it to happen.
I think it must be my move then…

No comments: